1) Remove the protective cap before you use the device.
2) Press the power button to switch on the device.
- The display shows the last measurement result as well as the history icon.
3) Hold the outer ear and gently pull it towards the rear of the head to straighten the ear canal.
- Children under the age of 1 year: hold the outer ear and gently pull it straight back.
- Children aged 1 year or older: hold the outer ear and gently pull the ear up and back.
4) Insert the probe tip very gently and slowly into the ear canal.
- Make sure the probe tip points straight towards the eardrum when you hold it.
- Always insert the probe tip into the same ear, in the same direction and at the same depth.
- Note: A temperature measurement taken in the right ear may differ from a measurement taken in the left ear.
5) Press the power button to start the measurement.
- When the measurement is done, you will hear 2 beeps.
6) Remove the probe tip from the ear canal.
- The display shows the measured temperature and the temperature light ring around the power button lights up red, if the measured temperature is above 100.4 °F / 38.0 °C.
- Note: The temperature display on the device shows the measurement result for 30 seconds or until you perform a new measurement.