1) When the display indicates “Start Descaling?“, press the OK button to confirm to start the descaling.
Note: If start the descaling procedure later, press the MENU/SPECIAL DRINKS button, choose 'Menu', and scroll to select 'Descaling'. Press OK to confirm.
2) The display informs you to remove the AquaClean filter from the water tank (if present). Remove the filter and confirm with OK button.
3) The display informs you to empty the drip tray. Empty the drip tray and confirm with OK button.
4) Remove the Automatic Milk Frother from the steam tube. For machine with a Milk Carafe: The display informs you to insert the milk carafe. Fill half of the milk carafe with fresh water. Insert and open the milk dispensing spout. Confirm with OK button.
5) Place a container underneath the coffee dispensing spout and steam tube/ milk carafe dispensing spout. Confirm with OK.
6) Pour the entire bottle of Saeco descaling solution in the water tank. Top up the water tank with fresh tap water to the Calc Clean level indication. Confirm with OK.
7) The machine will start dispensing the descaling solution at intervals. The display shows descaling phase 1/2. This takes about 20 minutes.
8) Let the machine dispense the descaling solution until the water tank is empty.