The latest software solves the issues below:
- Remove “Subtitle language” from Quick Access menu which can be activated by “option” button in Remote control.
- The set is switched OFF/shut down by itself after a few hours turning ON.
- Plasma TV screen is still glowing for long hours after set is turned OFF.
- No picture on one of the HDMI input when two HDMI inputs are connected from separate sources.
- Impossible to switch OFF Ambi light when exit from Setting Assistant DEMO mode.
- Dots are visible in certain brightness and contrast level in the sets with Ambilight feature (regardless of Ambilight turn ON or OFF).
- Preferred location “Shop” mode (TV Menu under Installation/Preferences/Location) is renamed as “Retail Store”.
- Improvement on “no picture but sound OK “when the set turn ON. (Picture comes back after hard reset.)
- To solve the HDMI picture-freeze & image retention issue.
- To solve the red vertical bars across the screen.
- To put the HDMI sources to Natural Mode settings if the users set the TV to Shop Mode.
- To resolve buzz sound on HDMI inputs when Set-Top Box (STB) channels are changed (not when the FTV channel is changed); or during fast forward or rewind searches with Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) in STBs with built-in DVR.
How to check the current software version on my TV set?
- Press 'MENU' button on remote control to display the on-screen menu.
- Select TV MENU and press the cursor right.
- Select INSTALLATION and press the cursor right.
- Select SOFTWARE UPGRADE and press cursor right.
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO to display the current software version on your TV set.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website means your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or Firmware Upgrade Readme file on how to upgrade your software.
Where can I find the latest software for my TV set?
The Firmware Upgrade Software and Readme File documents can be found on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE section.