My Philips/Saeco Manual Espresso machine is not working
If you find that your Philips Manual Espresso machine is not operating normally, check out below for possible causes and solutions.
The green power light is not on
- If you see that the green power light on your Manual Espresso machine is not on, try the solutions below:
- Ensure that the espresso machine is plugged into a live power outlet or try different outlet.
- A few Philips Manual Espresso machine models are equipped with an automatic shut off switch. If this is the case, your espresso machine will turn off automatically after 30 minutes. Simply switch the machine back on again.
The green power light is on
- If you see that the green power light on your Manual Espresso machine is on, but the machine is not heating up the water, the machine needs to be flushed.
Follow the instructions below on how to do this:
- Rinse and fill the water tank with tap water.
- Switch the on/off button on the back of the machine to the "I" position.
- The "power-ON" light on the front will turn on.
- Place a container under the milk frother.
- Open the hot water/steam knob, located on the side of the machine, by turning it counter clockwise.
- Set the selection knob to the "coffee" position. Dispense the water tank.
- Once all water has been dispense, close the hot water/steam knob and set the selection knob to the neutral position.