1. Will you add other imaging modes such as PW Doppler?
The Lumify team is continuously working on improving Lumify, including new transducers, features and services.
2. How does Lumify's imaging performance compare to other systems?
The Lumify app provides imaging performance comparable to larger systems, with no compromise in depth penetration or tissue resolution.
3. How much usage time can I get from my Lumify system?
Scan times depend on your device, but generally, you can scan continuously for two to four hours. To see the estimated scan time for compatible devices, please visit the list here.
4. How much memory space will Lumify require?
The Lumify app requires approximately 50 MB of storage space, with additional storage space required for patient data.
5. How durable is the Lumify transducer?
The Lumify transducer family has been designed and tested to meet the rigorous reliability needs of the highly mobile ultrasound market and to ensure that your transducers will survive the type of wear and impact that occurs in the highly mobile ultrasound environment.
6. What education or training is offered with Lumify?
Lumify is intuitive and does not require extensive in-service training. Philips offers select point-of-care education resources at no charge, as well as more extensive education and training courses for a fee. Please visit the following websites to view all educational resources and offerings:
7. What is Lumify's image storage capacity?
A typical ultrasound exam with a few still images uses only about 10 MB of storage. Exams with a few three-second loops use about 50 MB. You can store hundreds of exams on any device with which Lumify is compatible (read more). Actual storage capacity depends on several factors, such as how much content is stored on your device.
8. Does Lumify support Windows devices, such as the Surface tablet?
At this time, Lumify supports only Android devices. We are continually exploring opportunities to expand support for all platforms.
9. Does the Lumify patient information include accession numbers?
Yes. The Patient Info form has an Accession Number field. Additionally, it can be obtained via the Modality Worklist functionality.
10. Can I use Lumify for pediatric imaging?
Yes. Pediatric imaging is an indication for use.
11. Can I make make near-field or far-field gain adjustments with Lumify?
You can adjust overall gain with Lumify, and AutoScan (continuous iScan gain optimization) is always on to keep the image gain uniform from shallow to deep.
12. Is loop capture prospective or retrospective?
Lumify captures loops (3-10 seconds in length) prospectively. Lumify starts capturing once you touch Save Loop and continues to capture until you touch Stop or until the specified loop length time expires.
13. Does Lumify work with Samsung Phones (S4, S5, S6, S6 Edge)?
Philips recommends that you use a device that is listed on the tablet compatibility list here.
14. Does Lumify include XRes?
Yes. XRes, the latest generation of image processing, improves image resolution and makes structures easier to visualize. Philips optimizes XRes for each clinical application.
15. Does Lumify include Tissue Harmonic Imaging (THI)?
Yes. Lumify uses THI based on the clinical application. For example, on the C5-2 transducer, both the gallbladder and OB/GYN applications use THI.
16. Does Lumify include SonoCT?
Yes. SonoCT, sometimes called spatial compounding or multibeam, is active on the L12-4 and C5-2 transducers for all applications except Lung.
17. Does Lumify support DICOM Modality Worklist (MWL)? How do I setup a Modality Worklist server?
Yes, you can configure and query a DICOM MWL server. For more information, see your Lumify User Manual.
18. Can I create temporary ID when I start an exam? If so, can I modify it with patient information later?
Yes. Touch Scan on the Scan/Create Patient display to begin imaging without entering patient information. You can modify patient data at any time until you end the exam.
19. Is Color Mode available?
Yes. Two color modes are available: Fast Flow (high color scale for arterial flow) and Slow Flow (low color scale for venous flow)
20. Can I scan or review images in full-screen view?
Yes. To view an image in full-screen view, touch [[full-screen view icon]] in the lower right corner of the image. To restore normal viewing, touch [[return to normal view icon]]
21. What barcode formats does Lumify support?
See your Lumify User Manual for a full list of supported formats and for instructions on how to configure the barcode scanner.
22. Which transducers is Mmode available on?
MMode is available on the S4-1, C5-2 and L12-4 transducers.
23. Can I use Lumify outside the hospital?
Lumify is a transportable ultrasound system intended for use in environments where healthcare is provided by healthcare professionals that may include home, hospital, clinical or medical office, and transportation (EMT) environments.
24. What is included with my outright purchase of Lumify?
When you purchase Lumify outright, you get the Lumify transducer(s), the Lumify app, software upgrades, and a manufacturer's warranty. Your purchase also includes a carrying bag for your device and transducer.
IMPORTANT: Your purchase does not include a compatible smart device.
25. What methods of payment can I use for my outright Lumify purchase?
You can charge your Lumify purchase to a credit card or Philips will invoice against a purchase order.
26. How long will it take for my purchased Lumify transducer to arrive?
Your Lumify transducer(s) should arrive within two weeks of placing your order, but actual delivery time is dependent upon product availability. Larger orders may take longer. Please call (800) 668 9030 if you have questions about your order.
27. What type of warranty is offered with the purchased Lumify solution?
Your Lumify purchase is covered by a 5 year basic warranty that includes access to the support section of our Lumify portal, access to our Philips remote support experts, and coverage for your Lumify transducer(s) against manufacturer's defects.
28. What are the terms and conditions of the purchased Lumify Warranty?
Terms and Conditions of Warranty: Read more
29. Is there a way to reset the imaging controls to the default gain/depth? Like a "reset button"?
You can easily reset the imaging controls to the optimized defaults by reselecting the preset. This will restore depth/gains/settings to the optimized default.
30. How many linear distance measurements can I make on a single image?
Lumify allows a maximum of four linear distance measurements on a single image. To add a distance measurement, select Distance from the Measure menu.
31. Can I reverse the cardiac image orientation?
Yes, but only for cardiac images acquired with the S4-1 transducer: touch Cardiac L/R Invert in Settings.
32. Will an automatic update to Lumify interrupt an exam?
If automatic application updates are enabled in your device's Android settings, an automatic update to Lumify could interrupt system use. To avoid this situation, disable automatic updates in your Android operating system. For instructions, see the Google Play Help.
33. How does Fetal Age Summary work?
In the OB/GYN preset, you can perform fetal analysis from the current exam. After freezing an image, touch Fetal Age. Touch a system-defined fetal age or growth measurement from the menu. The four fetal measurements available are HC, BPD, AC, and FL. You can also enter the LMP or EDD. As measurements are added to the Fetal Age Summary, the average fetal age is calculated based on the Hadlock 1985 published tables. After all four fetal measurements are made, the estimated fetal weight is also calculated.
34. How can I export the Fetal Age Summary?
If you performed fetal age analysis, Lumify creates an image that includes a summary of the fetal measurements and calculations (the Fetal Age Summary image). The Fetal Age Summary image is included when you export the exam.