My Philips digital thermometer is not working
Published on 2017-04-07
In the unfortunate event of your Philips digital thermometer not working, you can often easily mend it yourself. Find out how.
Replace the battery
The flexible tip thermometer has a long-life battery which should last for about 2 to 3 years. If the battery is low, you can replace the battery as follows before using the thermometer:
- Remove the battery compartment cover
- Use an insulated probe to remove the battery (e.g. a toothpick)
- Insert a new battery (LR41) with the + pole facing upwards
- Reattach the battery compartment cover
- Dispose of the empty battery in the proper way
Note: The battery of the soother thermometer cannot be replaced. If the battery is empty, discard the soother thermometer.
Check if the measurement unit of the soother thermometer is firmly attached to the soother and turned completely to the closed lock position.
Looking for something else?
Discover all Philips Support options
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.