You can feed your baby breast milk from Philips Avent bottles and storage cups. Find out how to prepare extracted milk for your baby.
How to prepare mother milk expressed with Philips Avent?
- If you use frozen breast milk, let it defrost completely before you heat it.
Note: In case of an emergency, you can defrost the milk in a bowl of hot water.
- Heat the bottle or storage cup with defrosted or refrigerated breast milk in a bowl of hot water or in a bottle warmer.
- Remove the screw ring and sealing disc from the bottle or remove the lid from the storage cup.
- If you are using a storage cup, screw the adapter ring onto the cup.
- Screw a sterilised screw ring with sterilised nipple onto the bottle or onto the storage cup with adapter ring.
Check the temperature
Always check the temperature of the milk before you feed it to your baby and always discard any breast milk that is left over at the end of a feed.
We do not recommend using a microwave to warm up your baby's food or drinks. Microwaves might alter the quality of food/drinks and destroy some valuable nutrients. Furthermore, microwaves do not heat evenly and they might leave “hot spots” that would not be noticeable to you but that could scald your baby. When heating up liquid or food in the microwave, please only place the container without screw ring, teat and cap. Always stir heated food to ensure even heat distribution and check the temperature before serving.