Rated 5 out of
Great Starter Set
I received the Philips Avent Anti-Colic gift set as a gift from the WeeSpring Parent Panel. The set comes with 5 bottles in two different sizes. It also has nipples with different flows. In addition, a sippy trainer nipple and handles are included. There is also a pacifier, a bottle brush, and a formula dispenser in the set. My baby has transitioned to these bottles flawlessly. We use the handles with his slow flow nipple bottle and he is able to hold his own bottle. I love the different options for him as these bottles will grow with him! I think that the sippy option is great to help a little one move up to a cup when it is time to do so. I work full time, so I pump several times a day. The bottles with the lids are perfect for breast milk storage and cut out the need for exclusively storing in bags. My baby has not had any issues with gas while using these bottles which is a huge plus! The design of the bottles is amazing. The formula storage container doubles as a great cereal storage for on the go! It comes apart easily and snaps back together snugly. We have only been using these bottles for a little over a week and think that this set is a perfect gift for someone with a new baby. Or even for a parent returning to work. No need to stand in the aisle looking at multiple types of bottles and accessories. Everything you need is all in the set! I highly recommend the Avent gift set and will be adding it to my list of items to give at a baby shower!
Date published: 2016-11-24
Rated 5 out of
Great Bottle set
I received this gift set as a gift from the weeSpring Parent Panel.
There are two different sized bottles: 9oz and 4oz, and 2 different flow anti colic nipples. The 2 (medium) flow seem to work great for my daughter. Was able to a nice with a nice flow without too much air.
There is also a 4oz transition cup with a soft spout. I tried this, but I do not think my 6 month old was ready for it. But I look forward to trying and using it again as she gets older.
The bottles do not have any excessive number of parts. I've had anti colic bottles in the past that come with so many pieces and it makes it really difficult to clean. That is not the case with these!
I really love the little extras this kit contains. The formula dispenser is a great feature for moms on the go. We use formula and are also out and about. It easy to measure out the formula, and dispense into bottles.
The bottle brush, a nice little bonus for easy cleaning. We already had a brush for our kitchen, so this was nice to use when we go visit friends and family.
And last but not least the pacifier. We have and exclusive pacifier we use. But this one was great to toss in the diaper bag as an extra. Just incase you forget to grab one while heading out.
I would definitely recommend this kit to any new/expectant mom.
Date published: 2016-12-06
Rated 5 out of
I was so excited when I got this set through the WeeSpring Parent Panel. Although, it was gifted to me my review is of my own opinion based on my actual use.
I really liked this set. It came with a lot of extras. The only one that I haven't used is the formula Tupperware container, as we are breastfeeding. However, I think it could be used as more than just formula. I plan on using it for snacks when my baby is older, or for my older kids.
I also really like the smaller 4oz bottles. They seem to be the perfect amount for my son. Perhaps, the 8oz bottles will be a good fit for him when he's a little bit older. I'm also happy to say that I didn't have problems with milk leaking from the bottle with the cap on, or problems with the screw-top collar leaking milk. And because there are only a few parts, the bottle is super easy to clean. I'm also thrilled that the bottle fits my pump, which I've had a hard time finding bottles for.
Now, the bottle claims to help reduce air taken in by the baby, and it's kind of cool that you can sort of hear the air leaving the bottle and not getting swallowed by baby.
Also, all of my children refused bottles and it was a struggle to try and get them to take a bottle. I'm happy to say that my babe took to this bottle without any problems.
Date published: 2016-11-30
Rated 4 out of
A Good Choice!!
I got a chance to try this gift set as part of the weeSpring Parent Panel. All in all I am a fan of the Avent Bottle Gift Set. From our experience, I found the PROs to outweigh the CONs:
- Practical ... the bundle comes with everything you need!! Love the variety. The Sippy Cup trainer/attachment is a nice bonus as is having a bottle brush and travel container for formula
- Size ... LOVE the shape/stature of the bottles. And with a newborn, I especially love the 4oz size
- Easy to Read ... the numerical print on the sides of the bottles is extremely easy to read (especially compared to other brands)
- No Nipple Confusion ... my newborn switched over to these bottles with no problems (he only spit up once); he cooed and enjoyed his milks!
- Dishwasher Safe ... for me, this is a NECESSITY!!
- Fewer Parts ... self explanatory :)
- Assembly ... while these bottles DO have fewer parts than other brands, I personally don't find getting the nipple into the ring to be an easy task; it actually takes me LONGER to assemble these bottles than to assemble the ones with several components
- Not Diaper Bag Friendly ... as noted, while I personally LOVE the size, the bottles are too short/wide to fit into any of the pockets of my diaper bag; hence they'd have to go in the center of the bag and would be at risk for leaking
- Nipple Flow ... my (to term; 8lb) 4 week old excels on the 0+ size nipple. It's great for him. BUT, if he were only a few days old, this flow would likely be too intense for him (even though this is the smallest 'size' nipple in the bundle)
- Pacifier ... my newborn is not a fan of this particular pacifier; HOWEVER, we started him off on the Philips Avent Soothie Paci and he LOVES it; he refuses any other Paci EXCEPT that one!
So, yes, all in all I am a fan of the bundle. It would make for a great shower gift and is perfect for trying out the Avent line. Would definitely recommend this product.
Date published: 2016-11-18
Rated 4 out of
Great simple set of bottles
I received this gift set as a gift from the weeSpring Parent Panel. Before using this bottle set, I primarily used other brands that make similar bottles or a system where you can attach a nipple to an bag of expressed milk, so as I write this review I have them in mind.
- The bottles are simple in a good way (simple to use, clean, assemble, etc.). No strange parts
- My 4 month old (who breastfeeds and drinks breast milk from a bottle) seems to drink fine from the nipples and so far she doesn't seem gassy after using them.
- I love that the set includes a brush (which works well) and a trainer cup for transitioning to drinking out of cups that uses the same containers as the bottles. I appreciate systems that don't require you to toss out everything when the child moves to the next stage of development.
The cons (or things that I don't need):
- Since I don't use an Advent pump I won't be pumping directly into these bottles, which means one extra thing to clean or waste. I will likely use these part of the time by pouring in expressed milk from a direct pump bag or a breast pump container.
- I don't use the pacifier or the milk powder dispenser since we have already found a different shape/brand of pacifiers we like and breast feed exclusively.
Date published: 2016-11-30
Rated 5 out of
Great Gift Set
I got a chance to try this gift set as part of the weeSpring Parent Panel. Overall I think this is a great gift set, any new parent would be glad to receive this.
This is a comprehensive set including the following components:
1. Bottles [(2) 4 oz bottles with level 1 nipples & (2) 9 oz
bottles with level 2 nipples]: All of the bottles have a wide mouth, allowing for both easy filling and easy cleaning, as well as a tight fitting non-spill cap. The bottles are designed to be anti-colic, but with far fewer parts than some other anti-colic bottles. For my older daughter we used Dr. Brown’s bottles, which worked well but cleaning them was a daily pain. My younger daughter is just as happy drinking from these bottles as she is from the Dr. Brown’s bottles. The only downside of the wide mouth is I cannot pump directly into these bottles without an adaptor as the mouth is much wider than the connectors. The nipples are clearly marked with the level.
2. One sippy top and handle
3. Formula/Snack dispenser: This has an internal container with 3 compartments which is removable if you would prefer. This allows for a lot of versatility for use with formula or snacks.
4. Bottle brush
5. Pacifier with snap on hygienic cap: I really like these pacifiers, I have a bunch I bought separately. The snap on hygienic cap makes them easy to throw in a diaper bag without worrying about them getting dirty. The only downside of this particular pacifier is that it is completely clear and can be difficult to spot.
Date published: 2016-11-26
Rated 5 out of
A Great Starter Set
I had the opportunity to try out this set as part of the weeSpring Parent Panel. Thank you weeSpring because this set rocks!
From birth, we've breast and bottle-fed our baby girl. She had no problem using these bottles. In fact, we had been using Avent's Natural bottle and I think she actually preferred the Classic. She's always been a little gassy but never colicky. She still farts like crazy, but these bottles really cut down on her spit up.
This is really comprehensive set that includes a formula dispenser, pacifier, bottle brush, and a transition cup with soft spout for when your little one is ready to transition to a sippy cup. Avent has done a great job making everything in this set multifunctional and super easy to use. These bottles only have 3 parts...the bottle, the ring, and the nipple. You can easily assemble this bottle with a crying wiggly baby in your arms. Also, less parts mean your less likely to lose a piece.
The bottle brush is awesome. On most bottle brushes, the nipple cleaner has to be unscrewed from the bottom. With this brush, the nipple cleaner is the actual end of the brush. Genius! It seems so minor but really makes it so convenient.
The formula dispenser has an insert so that you can pre-measure out enough formula for three bottles. I like that it's removable. We breast and formula feed. When we remove the insert, we can pack enough formula for a weekend getaway in the dispenser. I've also used it to pack cheerios for my toddler.
An added bonus for me is that these wide-neck bottles attach directly to my Spectra S2 breast pump. Yeah!
Date published: 2016-11-22
Rated 3 out of
Love the Design
Thanks to the weeSpring Parent Panel for sending me this gift set! I will start with the things we liked about the bottle set that stood out. We exclusively bottle feed and I like the wide mouth design of the bottles. I think it makes adding the formula easier. The lids snap on against the nipple so if it tips over in your diaper bag it will not leak. This is also convenient for shaking a bottle of formula. You don't need to shake with a cap first before attaching the nipple so it saves a step. The formula dispenser is split into 3 compartments, but the inner bowl pops out so it could be used as a snack container later which I think is good design. I love that the pacifier has a cap so it won't get gross floating around the diaper bag, but I wish there was some color to it. I have misplaced it more than once and had trouble locating it since it's all clear! I also love the transition to a toddler cup! It was miserable transitioning my son from a bottle, so I'm hoping for an easier time this time around.
The nipples don't collapse like our other ones do, but my daughter isn't able to get a secure latch. She will not take this bottle, which is why I had to give it a lower rating. We started with the stage 1 nipple, but she hated it. We tried the stage 2 nipples as well, but she still refused the bottle. From what milk she does get down I have not noticed less gas and my daughter does not have colic so I can't comment on those aspects of the bottle set. I think we will continue to try these bottles every once in a while in hopes that she will accept them because we do like many features of the bottles.
Date published: 2016-11-24