Rated 1 de
The 55inch 5000 series
This Tv sucks I bought two a 50in and a 55in and the 55in sucks . The picture is horrible I put it at the settings I want and I have to keep doing it every day cause it changes back . Even then the picture still sucks. The 120 motion rate sucks too. The 50 in is perfect. Has the best picture I've ever seen. I don't understand what's the difference.
Date de publication: 2017-04-01
Rated 5 de
Exceeded my expectations
This TV has many features and for the price, I am very happy with it.
Some of the highlights:
- Color and picture settings come up when the TV is turned on, to be set by the user.
- Wireless connection was a breeze, it found the wifi immediately and connected without issue.
- Lots of pre-loaded apps, including NetFlix, Vulu, YouTube, Pandora to name a few. Most of the others I probably won't use.
- I actually prefer the "soap opera effect" so I have set the motion settings to maximum on this TV. However, it can be toned down.
- Picture quality is excellent. Clear and crisp, colors are spot on. The room it's kept in has a large window, and I have no issue with glare at all.
- The volume is ok, bass is pretty loud. However, if you're looking for it to sound like a movie theater in your living room, you may want to get extra speakers. For my taste, it's plenty loud in a room of approximate size 20x20.
- Media Connect is a very nice perk. Software was downloaded to my laptop (for Windows 8) and it was as easy as selecting "start projecting" from the laptop. The TV did the rest. Absolutely foolproof.
- It is rather lightweight considering the size, and extremely thin.. 2" at the widest.
- The base swivels, I didn't know that when I bought it, but I was very happy about it.
- There is an option to load from USB, but I haven't tried it yet.
- 4 HDMI cables was very convenient for me, compared to 2 on my other TV.
- Although the remote has no QWERTY keyboard, the menus do have a keyboard on screen to select letters. I find this to be covnenient and possibly easier than trying to see the buttons in the dark.
I would absolutely recommend this TV, as I feel it stands up to the competition very well. Friends of mine have that other brand (the most popular one right now) and I truly believe this TV is just as good, if not better.
Date de publication: 2014-01-11
Rated 4 de
Great HDTV, poor Smart TV
Man, this is difficult. I'm a pretty loyal Philips USA customer. My first HDTV was a philips and when I sold it and got 4 year newer Samsung, I missed my old philips! So I sold it and got one of these. The display is awesome on this TV, and I feel like I can just see so much more. However, the Smart TV features of NET TV are terrible! There are two major drawbacks to Net TV:
1. The Philips HDTV does not treat Net TV as a source, and there is no "overall" TV settings, so there is no way to change any pictures settings on Net TV, and you cannot turn digital motion off. It's crazy. You are forced to watch Netflix with digital motion soap opera effect. Major bummer.
2. There is no Amazon Instant Video app. Not that I would use it because of the first problem, but if they fixed the first problem, this would be the second big step in making this TV a great smart TV.
Despite these problems, the Netflix app did look great, and the streaming quality was far superior to my Xbox 360's Netflix app. I just cannot get over the digital motion that is forced on you by this TV.
I hope your listening Philips, I want to stay a loyal Philips customer, but these issues are make or break if you are advertising this as a smart wireless TV.
Date de publication: 2013-07-29
Rated 1 de
Died after a year
Died one year and one week after I purchased it. Unfortunately for me, the 12 month warranty expired the week before it died. Not spending any more money on Philips products after this.
Date de publication: 2013-03-26
Rated 1 de
Worst tv to buy
Dont bother with this one, after 3 months it turns itself off and then back on all day long, repair parts are not available and I can't get a replacement.
Date de publication: 2012-12-17